Wednesday, September 16, 2009

NEDA Conference

I had an amazing experience last weekend in Minneapolis at the National Eating Disorder Conference! It was truly an honor to be able to meet and share with some of the experts in the field of treatment and research of eating disorders. Not only did I learn a great deal, but this experience has expanded my vision for my own work in this field. I ask myself daily, "how can I make a difference"?
The Conference also allowed me to meet some amazing women who have also recovered from their eating disorders. ALWAYS REMEMBER FULL RECOVERY IS A REAL POSSIBILITY...A REALITY!! I met a very genuine, caring young woman named Jenni Shaefer. She is fully recovered from an eating disorder, and has written two books. I highly recommend that anyone with ANY interest or concerns about eating disorders read her books!! She also speaks all over the country, and works especially with students on college campuses. Way to go Jenni!! I came home with a lot of information, and some additional ideas about my own path as I strive to support others in recovery. I'm trying to figure out how to add more hours to my day! Since it isn't possible in the literal sense, I have to decide how I can manage that in terms of balancing my personal life..which is an important goal for anyone in recovery. More to come soon...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment